Happy Martin Luther King day!
We all know that MLK was the leader of the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 60s, a man that so much vision that he could spark inspiration and motivation in just about anybody. Click here to read more on MLK.
Here are 5 quotes from MLK that are practical and can be applied to daily living.
- “All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.”
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.”
See the rest of quotes here at entrepreneur.com
Also see Leadership lessons from MLK at entrepreneur.com
MLK teaches us to have a purpose and help others as much as we can…basically be the voice for those who do not have a voice. He had a clear vision for the future that he truly believed in and kept that in mind with every action he took. That’s what we should do too in our daily living.
What is your vision? How are you working to achieve it?