My wisdom Wednesday is late, but better late than never right?
Today I want to simply bring up some questions that all leaders should carefully think about and meditate on. Your answer will likely change at different times of your life.
As a backstory: This week I did a podcast for Lead One Africa, a non profit that seeks to improve the educational and leadership skills of members of the African community and the African diaspora.
Now, as a part of the podcast (which will be released soon! Stay tuned!) I was asked some questions as a leader. Here are a couple questions to consider:
- How do you personally define leadership?
- What makes a successful leader stand out?
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- What would you encourage your younger self to change, if you could go back?
I’d also like to add:
- What is your leadership style?
- How do you deal with difficult situations and conversations?
*** Also, I really admired a friend of mine this week. One of the characteristics of a good leader is dedication. Even though she was really sick she still went to work because her team needed her. That’s a real leader, because a leader must always be consistent and do what needs to be done, no matter what. I hope to gain that level of dedication that I saw in her this week.
Lead One Africa Membership drive in D.C. BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT: http://www.leadoneafrica.org/event/lead-one-africa-be-part-of-the-movement/
Be a mentor, be a leader!